With 20 years of experience as an educator and mental health professional, Renee has worked with survivors of trauma, first responders, lawyers, and medical professionals. She holds a Master’s degree in counseling psychology. She has been trained by the Green Cross Institute of Traumatology as a compassion fatigue counselor, FEMA in Crisis Counseling Assistance, and is a Certified Resilience Coach.
As frontline responders to the COVID-19 Pandemic, nurses & healthcare professionals are facing unimaginable acute stress, and both primary and secondary trauma. It is imperative that systems be put in place that allow them to help manage their stress and compassion fatigue. We can help.
RB Consulting provides these resources through two modalities.
Psychological First Aid:
We will be available to provide nursing staff a humane, supportive response to their emotional distress or suffering. This can be done onsite, through teleconference, or videoconference. This includes:
- providing practical care and support;
- assessing needs and concerns;
- listening to people, but not pressuring them to talk;
- comforting people and helping them to feel calm;
- helping people connect to information, services and social supports;
- protecting people from further harm.
Psychological First Aid is not intended to provide psychological counseling. The goal is to increase the factors that lead to long-term recovery, emotional resilience and well-being. Those factors are:
- feeling safe, connected to others, calm and hopeful;
- having access to social, physical and emotional support; and
- feeling able to help themselves, as individuals and communities.
Self-Care During Crisis
We provide self-care and well-being interventions that nurses can access quickly when they need them. These are designed to be brief tips that nurses can practice both at work and during off-hours. Sample topics:
- Emergency calm techniques
- Quieting the mind
- Rest and release
- Grounded optimism
- Buddy systems
To bring these services to your healthcare organization, please contact Renee Branson at email@example.com or call us at 434-326-6620
Renee focuses on many skills, but she has a particularly strong set of skills in the area of helping individuals grow more resilient, which allows them to weather any storm or circumstance that comes their way.